As a passionate team of hustlers we've done A LOT with just a little and we expect you to have the same philosophy! We’re constantly thinking of and executing new ideas to make real changes and improvements to what we do. We help each other out, even when we might not know the answer because we believe that no one should feel unsupported. We also love to have a good time and don't mind cracking into a bevvie on a Friday arvo!
Please take a look at our openings below. If you've got what it takes, we'd love to hear from you!
Senior/Lead React Developer
We are in the process of moving from a complete RoR stack to React Native and a React JS frontend. This is a great opportunity to take the resulting React codebase and make it your own!
This means you will have control over the frontend development of a multisided platform and 2 mobile applications. The backend will remain Rails with a GraphQL API.
You will work on products that enable communities, with the ultimate goal of preventing loneliness - a great cause!
We are looking for a leader who is experienced in React JS, React Native and GraphQL.
Somebody who is able to create development procedures that enable effective delivery of both front end and mobile apps.
Is able to help build a tech team that works well together and deploys effectively.
Will enjoy working in a fast paced start up.
Cares about the user journey.
Is committed to helping us make the world a better place!
This role will be based in Surry Hills, Sydney.
Benefits and perks!
- You will work with some of the best developers in the world.*
- You will get first-hand experience of a high growth startup environment that is highly agile and responsive
- Flexibility - flexible work hours and work from home.
To apply send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Sydney City Manager
We're looking for a highly talented and dedicated Sydney City Manager to join our team. This is a rare opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing, socially driven tech startup.
Our ideal candidate is a natural leader and genuine people person who loves to (and continues to) achieve and exceed targets. We're looking for someone who is incredibly passionate about social change and growing our community and organisation.
You will be our on the ground presence in Sydney, embodying our values, mission and setting us out from the crowd. You're main role will be building relationships with partners and stakeholders, engaging the community and ensuring that our organisation grows and thrives in this region. Your role will include:
Working closely with the CEO and COO - prioritising regions and partnerships in line with growth strategy and demand and supply.
Implement strategies to build our community, drive revenue and ultimately business growth
Develop and engage networks to drive growth and increase retention in Heroes, customers and partnerships
Build partnerships, business development and relationship management with organisations and community groups in your region to achieve commercial objectives and KPIs
Showcasing and representing us at expos, forums and events
Develop, experiment and take ownership to drive initiatives that will enable your region to achieve objectives and KPIs
Run Hero induction sessions across Sydney, inspiring more people to join us
Variety of secondary projects for the business including social impact measurement and running local events and activities
This role will be based in Sydney – 4 days a week will be on the road and one day will be in our office in Sydney CBD/Surry Hills.
Benefits and perks!
- Autonomous role, leading our expansion and writing our playbook
- First-hand experience of a high growth startup environment that is highly agile and responsive
- Join a passionate, fast growing and dynamic team
- Flexible working arrangements
- Performance bonus
Skills and experience
For this role you need to be tenacious, an innate hustler and natural networker with the following skills:
- An outgoing personality and exceptional communicator with the ability to interact well with our team, customers and external partners;
- Industry experienced NOT REQUIRED.
- 3+ years work experience in commercial functions - demonstrated experience building and maintaining relationships.
- Have a history of, and are dedicated to exceeding revenue targets and KPIs, contributing beyond the call of duty.
- Highly organised and thrive under pressure and able to prioritise a number of different tasks effectively.
- You are tech savvy and are always looking to improve business operations and user experience.
- Entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
- You enjoy creative problem solving, embrace new challenges, roll up your sleeves, and get things done.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and car.
- Experience in a high-growth business environment or start-up;
- Business development and sales experience;
- Relevant health, aged or disability industry experience and knowledge of market.
To apply send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Growth
We're looking for a passionate, and dedicated Head of Growth to take our startup to the next level. There are some huge challenges innovating growth in this sector and you are the person to hack this!
Who are you?
You love growth and you love hacking it. You have great, creative ideas and you know how to prioritise them. You are results-oriented. You have an arsenal of tools to 10x lead gen efforts. You are efficient and effective. You are scrappy and love to hustle!
- Grow our community and recurring revenue.
- Create and manage an end-to-end quantitative growth model and strategies.
- Develop and prioritise new processes, strategies, growth initiatives, and programs.
- Closely monitor, measure and learn from both quantitative and qualitative results.
- Drive a strong focus on performance, hitting KPIs and goal attainment.
- Be biased towards action. You will know the data, and be in the details and will make decisions that will impact key metrics.
- Work with the team to understand customers, build, test, and ship growth and marketing experiments and impactful experiences.
- Growth, marketing, and/or strategy experience and previous growth results.
- Experience performing product-oriented quantitative analysis.
- Ability to execute against defined objectives, both tactically and strategically.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses clearly and effectively.
- A seasoned strategist, analyst, and growth-mindset thinker.
- Basic coding skills (in Ruby on rails is a big plus).
- First-hand experience of a startup environment (in Fishburners, the largest coworking space in Sydney) that is highly agile and responsive where we learn quickly from our mistakes and failures.
- As an early team member you're role will grow as much as you want it to and you will be a big part in solidifying our team culture.
- Wednesday lunches are on us! Free sandwiches for Thursday lunches! Friday night drinks and networking with startups.
- Flexible working arrangements.
Email email@example.com with WHY YOU are the person for this role and our organisation. Please be genuine and casual - no copy paste stuff please! Looking forward to it!